Central Service Technichian
February 15 @ 5:30 pm - May 26 @ 7:30 pm$1,300
The Central Service Technician (Sterile Processing Technician) is responsible for decontaminating, sterilizing, assembling, storing and distributing medical devices and equipment needed for patient care, especially during surgery.
This program focuses on requirements of the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management. Successful completion of the course allows students to take the Certified Registered Central Service Technician certification exam and earns a certificate of completion from SUNY CCC.
Students will learn to:
- Clean, decontaminate, disinfect, and sterilize equipment based on industry standard using steam and sterrad sterilizers.
- Properly prepare and package both contaminated and sterilized surgical sets into individualized packages.
- Use proper procedures and the sterilizer functions.
- Proper handling techniques and inventory management in sterile storage along with proper documentation and recording-keeping.
- Properly handle and disinfect Patient Care Equipment.
- Demonstrate the importance of customer relations with patients and hospital staff.
The IAHCSMM Certified Registered Central Service Technician Certification is composed of the exam and successfully completing 400 hours of onsite, hands-on experience. SUNY CCC will coordinate a clinical site but students are responsible for completing the 400 hours and getting appropriate signatures.
February 15-May 26, 2022
Certification is required to be a CST in New York State.
Includes 1 exam voucher and textbook A $200 value!
Contact: 607-936-5501 or firstname.lastname@example.org