- This event has passed.
MIG Welding for Fun!
July 10 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm$150
Everything needed for class is included in price
Our brand-new workshop is an excellent way for beginners to learn MIG welding.
We designed this two half-day “crash course” to give students the knowledge and confidence needed to start working with this fun metal joining process.
Our knowledgeable instructor is combining lecture with hands-on training in our modern facility.
All equipment is well-maintained, state-of-the art, and easy to operate.
No need to be intimidated if you have never welded before!
Topics Covered Include:
- Welder Safety
- The MIG Welding Process
- MIG Equipment: Component descriptions
- Setting up the MIG System
- Setting the controls for the metal to be welded
- MIG filler metal and shielding gases
- 8-hour classes on two consecutive Saturdays: July 10 & 17
- Class runs from 8:30am-12:30pm
- Experience required: None
- All materials and safety equipment included
Safety Equipment Included:
Students will use studio-owned welding jacket, gloves, safety glasses and auto-darkening helmet during the class.
Students must wear boots/closed toe shoes (excluding cloth shoes, crocs or sneakers).
Students must wear jeans (no sweatpants, leggings, or shorts permitted).
Saturdays, July 10 and 17, 2021
Academic and Workforce Development Center
318 Madison Avenue
Email email@example.com or call 607-936-5501 for more information or on upcoming dates.